A multi-skilled professional with more than 20 years of experience in project management, design, publishing, pre-press, digital, management and creative leadership. I have a superb track record of managing complex functional projects in various environments. Able to manage stakeholder expectations and willing to take full responsibility for the delivering of project objectives. Excellent confllict management, problem solving and prioritization skills. Consistent history of producing award-winning work in a variety of formats, with exceptional project management, leadership, and design skills. Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Mediaware Center CMS, AdForce, WordPress and Shopify. Passionate, resourceful and committed to problem solving and achieveing effective results.
October 2015 – present
Lighthouse Marketing Services | Batavia, IL
- Responsible for delivering projects against agreed scope, budget, schedule & customer expectations.
- Review incoming print and digital production requests with client and team members to asses needs.
- Initiates and coordinates request-for-printing estimates and tracks print production jobs.
- Traffic all proofs for review and approvals.
- Ensure that all completed work aligns with the objectives and strategies that are included on SOW.
- Manage technical process and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain and improve workflow processes for efficiencies.
- Bring new ideas to the table, inspire the team and cultivate an environment of collaboration.
- Lend a critical eye to all creative and technical output.
- Deliver top-quality projects on-time and within budget.
- Create marketing materials for clients such as Siemens, Batavia Enterprises, Water Street Studios, UR the Answer and AWANA.
April 2005 – August 2015
OnCourse Learning (formerly Gannett Healthcare Group) | Hoffman Estates, IL
2011 – 2015 • Creative Director, Creative Services
- Project Manager of 1,500+ monthly requests from up to 40 managers nationwide
- Solely responsible for project management and approval of all design company-wide, with end-to-end direct oversight of major projects for clients such as Band-Aid, LIVESTRONG, and Coca-Cola
- Managed a staff of 12 art directors and designers in the conceptualization, development, and publication of six monthly magazines and marketing materials for 40 product managers for a leading provider of eLearning tools used in the healthcare industry, including Nurse.com, Today in PT, and Today in OT
- Provided extensive training and coaching of all creative staff, with direct responsibility for ensuring quality and accuracy of all materials
Launched the company’s first digital media kit, managed the launch of responsive design email marketing, and created the company’s corporate site and Nutrition Dimension blog
- Led Nurse.com to selection as “Publication of the Year” by the American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors, and received Gannett’s “Best Client Solution” Award in April 2013 for a customized creative marketing campaign that resulted in the strengthening of a multi-million dollar client relationship
- Launched a new quarterly e-book series on Nurse.com which was selected as a finalist selection by Folio for a 2014 Eddy & Ozzie Award, and as Grand Award Winner at the 2015 APEX Awards
2008 – 2011 • Art Director
• Created and hired initial design team, centralized all of Gannett Healthcare Group’s design functions across the country at the Illinois office, and created the company’s first-ever graphic standard guidelines
• Established and enforced a firm 10-day deadline for completion of all incoming design projects, a standard that has been met on 100% of projects to date
• Cross-trained all designers on all areas of common design requests to ensure constant coverage for all presentation, publication, and marketing design projects at all times
2007 – 2008 • Production Manager
• Managed layout staff of eight in the production of six bi-weekly regional magazines with a combined circulation of more than a million registered nurses across the United States
• Negotiated a major contract for 20 licenses for the use of royalty-free photography
2005 – 2007 • Senior Production Associate
• Developed and created marketing materials, collateral, and online advertising and content for a Nursing Spectrum and NurseWeek magazines, two nursing recruitment publications acquired by Gannett in 2007
• Assisted with all aspects of production closings, and managed advertisement type setting, design, and layout
2002 – 2005
Noreen Francis Design | Bartlett, IL
Provided comprehensive freelance design for a variety of non-profit organizations across the Greater Chicago area, including creation of advertisements, newsletters, and collateral marketing pieces
1998 – 2002
McLeod-Smith Graphics | Oak Park, IL
Pre-Press Manager & Designer